Compound Fracture Movie Premiere Tour Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply; void where prohibited.
The Compound Fracture Movie Premiere Tour Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Compound Fracture Film Production LLC(the “Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals, eighteen (18) years or older at time of entry, who are legal residents of the United States and Canada, excluding residents of New York, Florida and Rhode Island and Puerto Rico and Quebec. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries or agents, their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and grandparents), and those domiciled with any of the foregoing are not eligible.
2. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes period begins on February 6, 2013 and ends on December 31, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Tour Stop Dates. Click here for a list of all upcoming Tour Stop Dates. Tour Stop Dates are subject to change.
4. Prizes: The Sweepstakes Prizes include:
a.Potential Winner Prize. Each Potential Winner will receive a Compound Fracture movie poster pre-signed by Tyler Mane, Renae Geerlings and available cast members at the Tour Stop, and a Compound Fracture t-shirt. Approximate market value (AMV) of $15 poster and t-shirt combined. VIP Potential Winners will receive the Potential Winner Prize at the end of the respective Tour Stop. Mail-in Potential Winners will receive the Potential Winner Prize via standard U.S. mail within thirty (30) days from the Tour Stop Date.
b. Grand Prize. Seven (7) Potential Winners will be drawn at random from the Potential Winners to win one (1) of the following: (i) Halloween Movie Michael Myers screen-worn jumpsuit (AMV $5,400); (ii) a walk-on (non-speaking) role in an upcoming Mane Entertainment film. Including two (2) night hotel stay at hotel selected by Sponsor and transportation to and from airport. Does not include airfare (AMV $800); (iii) Compound Fracture Prop Book- the un-aged screen-used version of the book of family lore. Real leather, embossed, handmade (AMV $700); (iv) Compound Fracture costume- Security jacket, hat and badges screen-worn by Todd Farmer (AMV $200); (v) Compound Fracture costume- Bloodied jacket screen-worn by Leslie Easterbrook (AMV $200); (vi) Compound Fracture costume- Bloodied security uniform shirt screen-worn by Daniel Roebuck (AMV $100); and (vii) Compound Fracture costume- Screen-worn hoodie and pants worn by Derek Mears (AMV $100). Prizes will be allocated based on order of drawing. For example, the first Potential Winner drawn in the Grand Prize drawing will receive the Halloween Movie Michael Myers screen-worn jumpsuit, and so forth.
The “Walk-on Role” shall consist of a non-speaking role in a future film to be produced or developed by Mane Entertainment. The extent of the role shall be based on Sponsor’s sole discretion. No dates, locations or roles have been finalized. Sponsor is only obligated to provide winners reasonable notice of the dates and location of the production shoot, two (2) night hotel accommodations (room and tax) as determined by Sponsor, and transportation to and from the airport. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated herein, including but not limited to, airfare, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any event that may interfere with a winner’s ability to participate in the walk-on role at the time and place determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and no substitutions shall be made except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive any prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The approximate market value (AMV) of many of the grand prize items may not be ascertained with precise certainty since the items (aside from the two (2) night hotel stay) are props from a film production and a walk-on appearance in a future film. These are collector’s items for film fans, and their value is subjective in nature. Therefore, their approximate value depends on market conditions and market demand at the beginning of the Promotion Period, and the assigned AMV is based on a reasonable good faith assessment by Sponsor of the fair market value for the items considering the subjective nature of the value allocation. However, Sponsor makes no representation or warranty as to the accurateness of the assigned value.
Any taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and consist only of items expressly specified in these rules. Any risks, costs or expenses associated with the acceptance or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize. All federal, state, provincial and local income taxes, insurance, licensing, registration and title fees connected to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sweepstakes prizes won by Canadian residents will not be subject to U.S. taxes. Sponsor shall only be responsible for awarding the number of prizes as stated in these rules. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of prizes awarded.
5. How to Enter: During the applicable Promotion Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes as follows:
a. Purchase of a VIP ticket to one of the Tour Stops set forth above within the available purchase period; or
b. For entry into the Sweepstakes without purchasing a VIP ticket to one of the Tour Stops, mail a 3″ x 5″ card containing your complete name, address, and phone number and the Tour Stop with the closest proximity to your stated address in an envelope no larger than 4 1/8″ x 9 1/2″ to: Compound Fracture Sweepstakes c/o KHS Law, 1100 Century Park East, Ste. 1100, Los Angeles, CA 90067. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than five (5) business days prior to the applicable Tour Stop Date in order to be included in the nightly drawing of that Tour Stop. All mail-in entries must contain a complete name, address and phone number of the entrant as well as the Tour Stop to be declared a valid entry.
Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per eligible entrant. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All winners must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these rules in order to qualify for the prize and are subject to verification. No mechanically reproduced entries of any kind permitted. Illegible and incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected entries or entries not received regardless of cause. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
6. Selection of Winners: There will be one (1) potential grand prize winner per Tour Stop selected from a random drawing of VIP ticket purchasers and main-in entrants at the end of each Tour Stop (“Potential Winners”). Within two (2) weeks from the end of the Promotion Period, seven (7) grand prize winners will be selected from a random drawing of the Potential Winners selected among the VIP ticket purchasers and mail-in entrants. The random drawings will be conducted by representatives from Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
8. Notification and Claiming of Prizes. The potential winner will be notified using the information provided during entry by either e-mail, mail or telephone (the method selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion) in a commercially reasonable time after the drawing, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. As a condition of winning the prizes, the winner must complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, where permitted by law, and any other applicable forms required by a taxing authority within ten (10) days of receipt of written prize notification, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In addition to the foregoing, prize winners that reside in Canada must also correctly answer the following skill testing question: (3×6) +12/2-8 =.
If any correspondence of the sweepstakes judge or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize. Any unclaimed prizes will be awarded in a random drawing to be held as necessary as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor shall be binding and final.
9. Publicity Release: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes an irrevocable grant of permission to Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners, employees and agents, and those they may designate from time to time, to use each entrant’s name, likeness, and city and state of residence in all media and formats whether now known or later developed, throughout the world in perpetuity, without any additional notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law).
10. Suspension / Modification / Termination. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or circumvent the Official Rules and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should entrant fraud or misconduct or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the communication and administration of the Sweepstakes, printing of the offer, or in the announcement of the prize.
11. Waiver / Disclaimers / Releases. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners, employees and agents, and those they may designate from time to time, from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; or 2) participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities, including but not limited to traveling to or from any prize related activity. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Sponsors: (A) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; (B) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, manufacturer or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations (“Suppliers”) as a part of the prizes provided in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (C) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (1) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service or product that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of those Suppliers, (3) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sponsor, and (4) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access the Website, or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Sweepstakes Entities. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a Supplier that may be sent along with a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes.
12. Limitation of Liability. By accepting the prize, winners agree to hold Sponsor harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of the prize. Upon delivery of the prize to the winner, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner with winner assuming full responsibility for the prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees. Entrants remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any), and entrant waives any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief. Entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Compound Fracture Film Production LLC located at 23645 Via Corsa, Valencia, CA 91355. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Sweepstakes.
15. List of Sweepstakes Winner(s)/Official Rules Requests. The names of the grand prize may be listed on Sponsors website- www.compoundfracturemovie.com after the prizes are claimed. To receive a list of winner(s), send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: “Sweepstakes Winners List” Compound Fracture c/o KHS Law, 1100 Century Park East, Ste. 1100, Los Angeles, CA 90067. Please indicate which Sweepstakes winners list you are requesting by indicating the name of the Sweepstakes in your request. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Sweepstakes Official Rules” Compound Fracture c/o KHS Law, 1100 Century Park East, Ste. 1100, Los Angeles, CA 90067prior to the end of the Entry Period. Please indicate which Sweepstakes Official Rules you are requesting by indicating the name of the Sweepstakes in your request.